Tuesday, September 1, 2009

How did I get here? Part 2

The Enchanted Bungalow, circa 1885.

I had a picture in my mind of the house I wanted - a 1920s cottage maybe. But there were very few houses to choose from at that time and we were hitting a deadline! So, this Bungalow was it - it wasn't exactly what I wanted, but at least you didn't have to go through the kitchen to get to the bathroom - and it even had 3 bathrooms!! It was a great location and certainly had some charm. Besides, it had an adorable little cottage in the backyard! We decided we could make it work! So, that's how I got to this house. And why is it enchanted? Because I was here only a few months and it had me "wrapped around it's front porch . . .


The Cottage behind the Enchanted Bungalow, circa 1925.
I love to change things and this house has been the gracious backdrop for all my experiments. It's been cottage, craftsman, Italian villa - you name it! And it is settling into all three styles (okay, basically "eclectic") with great comfort and charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment