Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Yard Retreat



As you can see from the picture of the little cottage, our yard was just a tree with some very uneven "grass". When you live in the Northwest, you need all the sunshine and fresh air you can get, so we have tried to make this yard a place where we can sit and be comfy - even if it is a bit drizzly. A good friend helped with the flagstone and handy Hubbie broke out crumbling concrete and poured new. The jasmine was just an 18" plant in a pot when we moved here 6 years ago. It has now taken over the fence and blooms from spring to late summer. It was given to me by a good friend when my mom died 7 years ago and I brought it with us when we moved. It brings me memories of her and of the friend who gave it to me every time I look at it. (and it smells wonderful!!) The yard has proven to be a great place for summer potlucks, dessert buffets and hot tub parties!









No comments:

Post a Comment