Monday, August 31, 2009

How did I get here?

This is a story about our house - a Craftsman Bungalow right downtown in the historic district of our lovely city.

















Why I am writing about it? My daughter, who loves all things old and loves blogging, suggested that I should take pictures of the things I have done with the house and post them. She loves to see what other people are doing to their homes! And since I didn't really know how, she even set up this blog for me. So that's how I got here - to this blog!

Now, how did I get here - to this house? Ahh, that's an interesting story!

In Sept of 2002, one daughter got married. It was a lovely affair and so much fun to plan and prepare for!


Two weeks after her wedding, our other daughter got engaged and we began planning another wedding for May! As the wedding drew near, I needed a new project and began to "suggest" to my husband that maybe we should move to an older home like we had always wanted (well, I had always wanted and he does find them charming!) So, on Easter Sunday, we put a sign out in our yard and four days later, our house sold. So, now we were finishing up on the wedding and looking for a new place to live.

The wedding came off without a hitch - beautiful and fun!

And I started making daily trips through the neighborhood where we wanted to live...

Wedding Photos taken by Tim's Family Photos - my fabulous brother!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging. My name is also Esther which is what caught my eye.

    The outside of your house looks charming. I can't wait to see the inside.

    ReplyDelete