Sunday, February 7, 2010

Mirror ReMake

Here's what our master bath vanity and mirror looked like just a few weeks ago. Not Horrible - but not what I wanted for this 1885 Bungalow! The Southwestern border just didn't fit with my style. So it was out with the old . . .
and in with the new. (There was MUCH more to it than just saying "in with the new". Both my husband and my son helped me immensely with this project!! I will be posting more about the bath re-do in a couple weeks)
There was some left over tile from this job, and this mirror looked sadly plain,

So, I enlisted the help of my 14 year old granddaughter (she's VERY artistic and I trust her judgment more than my own on these things!) Anyway, these were the little 1" tiles that you could easily cut apart, so we did a dry fit,
Then pulled up one section at a time and glued it down.
No grout or anything fancy - just Elmers.
And here she is - all hung up! I am very pleased with how this bathroom is turning out and can't wait to post the totally final project! (We have to do something creative with the floor as there was no flooring under the old vanity when we took it out - we have an idea though!)

I love the "old-fashioned" toothbrush holder and the old utility room faucet for the sink.


(And look at that sun beaming through the window!! It was a beautiful day here in the NW today!)

I'm linking up to Metamorphis Monday

15 comments:

  1. What a great job! I love the mirror it really added some pizazz. I have a dresser ready to strip to put in my bath so I'm anxious to see your transformation....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did here! Great makeover and who knew Elmer's could work instead of grout! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mirror (and everything else) turned out perfect! I love it! oh and Kenna's hair color looks fantastic too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great change. Love the new tile and mirror. Your granddaughter is very talented too. Can't wait to see the finished project. Now, could you send that sunshine this way?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the whole nook! Mirror-awesome, faucet- fantastic, sink- very cool....Love the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super mirror, perfect for your enchanted bungalow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how the mirror turned out. I love that you're using an old chest for the vanity. Can't wait to see it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is gorgeous! MUCH better than what was there!!

    Visiting from Cottage Instincts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. whoa! that turned out AWESOME! is that an old dresser used for your sink cabinet?! LOVE it. and super tiling job :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that is a great idea for the mirror - it looks amazing with the top of the countertop (backsplash?!?!) Anyways, love it. As well as the "old fashioned" toothbrush holder - I love that too - brings back awesome memories of childhood! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely makeover...so much nicer than what was there! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your mirror looks fantastic. Great job, I love the way it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have added your mirror redo to my project file. I have been trying to decide what to do with the mirror in the bathroom and now I know. Thanks for the great idea:)

    ReplyDelete